Trainee Technical Lead
As a Trainee Technical Lead you will develop the skills required to become a Technical Lead within our workshop. The Technical Lead is a key position in the development and success of our Service Departments. A role that is split 70% between mentoring, advising and supporting the team of technicians and 30% chargeable work. It plays an important role in the delivery of outstanding customer service and ongoing team engagement / satisfaction.
We will use our values to develop strong, stable, profitable partnerships with all our customers, employees, and suppliers. Moving us towards our overall vision to be an industry leader in every sector.
Technical Lead duties include:
- Sustain regular contact with the team to ensure prompt and premium quality customer service;
- Monitor workflow and progress of jobs alongside the Service Manager and Service Administrator;
- Assist with maintaining positive consistent technician morale creating an enjoyable work environment;
- Deputise for the Service Manager alongside service administrator during any absence by taking telephone calls and distributing and managing workload;
- Speak positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is always provided to customers and colleagues;
- Mentor apprentices and be the point of contact for apprentice reviews with training providers;
- Coach and support technicians and product specialists when required;
- In conjunction with the Group Technical Manager become a training champion, actively participating in training programmes required for the development of skills and knowledge;
- Regularly communicate and provide progress reports to the Service Manager;
- Ensure all working areas are maintained in a clean a tidy state;
- Assist with overall workshop organization and correct use of tools and vehicles;
- Ensure all safety rules and regulations are followed when work assignments are performed.
What we look for:
- 5+ years’ experience performing service repairs and diagnostics;
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems to enable the successful repair of equipment;
- Ability to use standard computer applications, internet functions and suppliers’ IT based tools;
- Experience mentoring and coaching individuals in a team;
- Flexibility, willingness to learn, ability to quickly adapt;
- Openness to innovation & strong strategic thinking;
- Very strong communication skills.
Joining an inspiring place to work:
Our founder Ben Burgess always believed to be successful in business you needed to look after your people. It’s his founding principles that guides our approach today.
This role will be provided with a company vehicle for work use.
In addition, you can benefit from a competitive overall package commensurate to the role and wide range of benefits including:
- Fair pay that is reviewed regularly, details of pay can be found on the application page;
- You will be rewarded for a job well done, with a bonus relating to individual and depot success. We are transparent and share progress towards this regularly;
- We will invest in your personal and professional development without the limiting constraints of a training budget;
- We work hard so having time off is important. We offer enhanced holiday and sick pay schemes.
You can apply online by clicking the button to the right or send your CV to HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.
Ben Burgess is a Disability Confident Employer, if you require any assistance with your application please email email@example.com or call us on 01603 628251.