Senior Credit Controller
Senior Credit Controller
About the Company
Farol Ltd is an extremely successful and growing multisite agricultural and groundcare business and the largest John Deere dealership in the UK.
Established as a family business in 1976, Farol today is made up of over 320 Service, Parts, Sales, Transport and Business Support Team Members, whilst still remaining 100% family owned. Holding the renowned John Deere franchise along with many other brands, we are the market leaders in agriculture, groundcare and homeowner products. With an annual turnover of close to £200m, we have grown hugely over the past 5 years and this growth shows no sign of slowing down!
About the role
Due to our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Senior Credit Controller to join our 4 person Credit Control team.
Reporting into the Credit Control Manager, your role is to assist with the day to day running of the Credit Control Department.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Chasing of overdue accounts and invoices by telephone, email and letter
- Ensuring all unallocated payments are accounted for and reconciled
- Review and maintain customers current credit limits / payment terms
- Dealing with customer invoice queries and liaising with staff members to settle queries in a timely manner
- Maintaining and updating account information
- Account Reconciliations
- KPI`s - Ensure Daily Cash and Debtors targets are met
- Monthly Statements
- Assist with cash allocation/ Bacs/ Credit Cards / Cheques
- Discuss and report any problematic accounts to the Credit Manager in a timely manner
- Maintain effective communication between customers and colleagues at all times to ensure an efficient and smooth service and customer satisfaction
- Providing cover for the Credit Control Manager during holidays and any other absences
The successful candidate will have extensive experience within Credit Control, including proven history of debt reduction
Key skills required:
- The ability to work quickly and accurately
- Excellent customer service skills (both over the phone and face to face)
- The ability to multitask and work in a busy environment
- The ability to work with initiative to actively obtain the information required
- Excellent all-round administration skills
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to appropriately interact our very varied customer base (which includes individuals, small and large farms, local authorities, theme parks & leisure resorts and professional enterprises such as well known football clubs/golf clubs).
Basic salary in the region of £30,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience, 20 days holiday increasing by 1 day for each completed year of service up to a maximum of 25 days (plus Bank Holidays), company pension and financial planning service.
Hours of work
8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, fully office-based.
Why come to Farol?
Farol is the leading John Deere dealership in the UK with people at the heart of its strategy. We know that our people are the key to our success and we make sure we appreciate and reward everyone's contribution. Not only do we recognise expertise, skills and professionalism, we value highly the very things that make our team members unique: their passion, their dedication, their approachability and the fact that going the all-important extra mile is second nature.
Growth and development is inevitable within our forward-thinking company, where we offer a highly competitive salary, a diverse and interesting work environment, job security and on-going training.
We can offer an environment where Teamwork is key and where you can truly develop new skills and flourish.
What do our Team Members say about us?
- Great company attitude with friendly and approachable Managers/Directors
- Lovely place to work. Good group of people to support new employees during day to day operations.
- A good Company to work for and the whole team are friendly. The Management are very approachable and have an open door policy. As the Company are continually growing there are lots of opportunities for employees to progress. I feel valued as an employee and enjoy my job
- I love working for a family business as I've come from a more corporate environment. Owners are hands on and very approachable. It is a fast paced and busy environment but no such thing as a typical day for me. There are great learning opportunities here and ability to progress in the business.