Precision Agriculture Specialist
At Ben Burgess it’s been our mission since 1931 to be the leader in our industry by offering excellent customer experiences and an inspiring place to work.
The purpose of the role is to assist the Depot Manager and Sales teams in providing outstanding support for our customer both in field optimisation and technological performance through maintaining strong and robust processes, procedures, and administration throughout the depots area of responsibility (AOR). This role will be responsible for driving Precision AG and Smart Solutions throughout the AOR and providing our customers with outstanding support.
Precision Ag Specialists responsibilities include:
- Provides expertise for supporting the sales of John Deere Precision Ag products and solutions.
- Creates real added value for the dealership and customer by being the expert in Precision Ag solutions.
- Develops, promote and supports the sales and delivery of service agreements to customers.
- Compare and evaluate competitive equipment and Precision Ag applications.
- Consults customers on optimizing performance and reducing costs.
- Organizes John Deere Precision Ag clinics and other training sessions for customers and dealer personnel.
- Liaises with Group Precision AG Manager regarding AMS product stock at the dealership, ensuring correct stock levels to meet the customer demands and internal stock KPIs.
- Increase engagement of My John Deere applications to achieve our KPIs for Engaged Acres.
- Builds working relationships with all John Deere stakeholders for Precision Ag. Practical installations of AMS hardware as required.
- Providing cover for other team members to ensure group cover as required to support our customers (internal and external).
- Undertake self-development to ensure continuous self-development in Precision AG but also product and sales training as required.
- Support all events and shows as requested to promote Ben Burgess and Precision Ag.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all stakeholders and support the ongoing achievement of the Ben Burgess Experience score.
- Support the pre-delivery process for all new JD machinery and correct hand overs in- line with BAGMA standard.
We are looking for:
- Relevant experience working with Agricultural Machinery and/or Precision Ag Technologies.
- Very strong organisational skills and ability to effectively self-manage.
- Outstanding communication skills including presentation skills.
- Previous experience of delivering outstanding customer service.
- Willingness to undertake continuous professional development.
- Ability to learn technology – track record of being an early adaptor of technology.
- An innovative mind, spotting opportunities to help customers or people innovate in their work.
Joining an inspiring place to work:
Our founder Ben Burgess always believed to be successful in business you needed to look after your people. It’s his founding principles that guides our approach today.
This role will be provided with a company vehicle such as a pickup truck.
In addition, you can benefit from a competitive overall package commensurate to the role and wide range of benefits including:
- Fair pay that is reviewed regularly, details of pay can be found on the application page.
- You will be rewarded for a job well done, with a bonus relating to individual and depot success. We are transparent and share progress towards this regularly.
- We will invest in your personal and professional development without the limiting constraints of a training budget.
- We work hard so having time off is important. We offer enhanced holiday and sick pay schemes.
You can apply online by clicking the button to the right or send your CV to HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.
Ben Burgess is an inclusive employer that embraces both Disability Confidence and Neurodiversity. If you need any assistance with your application or require accommodations, please feel free to reach out to our HR team at email@example.com or give us a call at 01603 628251. We are here to support you throughout the application process.