Parts Tech Apprentice
At Ben Burgess, we want to empower progress and sustainability in agriculture, construction, and groundscare industries, contributing to the development of thriving communities and preserving our environment for generations to come. Rooted in our motto 'Where Service Still Counts,' we dedicate ourselves to serving others through our unwavering commitment to providing exceptional machinery solutions and fostering genuine partnerships.
Are you interested in a future career of parts or retail management? Do you have an interest in agriculture and are looking for your first step into the industry? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Parts Apprenticeship teaches you how to manager John Deere’s sophisticated parts systems, run a profitable retail environment, merchandise goods effectively, and understand the value of John Deere products and the importance of selling on quality rather than on price.
You will spend most of your time in the workplace learning on the job from an experienced parts team. The rest of your time will be spent on residential training at the John Deere Training Centre. Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the level 2 Retailer Standard.
Start your career in 2023 with Ben Burgess and John Deere.
Parts Apprentice responsibilities:
- Maximising sales potential from both internal and retail customers.
- Communicating across the business using a variety of forms including verbal and electronic.
- Processing parts orders from internal and retail customers along with processing warranty returns.
- Identifying specific components using electronic parts catalogue.
- Processing payment transactions.
- Supporting the dealer and your colleagues to carry out regular stock taking activities.
- Warehousing activities.
- Power Take Off (PTO) and hydraulic hose identification and manufacture.
- Marketing activities and promotional campaigns.
What we look for:
- GCSE English and Math level 4 or above is required.
- Logical, able to listen, follow instructions and be willing to study.
- Able to work as part of a busy, fast-moving team.
What you can expect from us:
Inspired by our founder Ben Burgess, we believe that the key to success lies in nurturing our team members. His core principles continue to shape our approach today, ensuring that our employees are well taken care of.
Furthermore, you can expect a competitive overall package tailored to your role, along with an array of benefits that include:
- Equitable pay, subject to annual reviews, with details available on the application page;
- A transparent bonus system tied to your individual performance and depot success, with regular updates on your progress;
- A recognition of the importance of work-life balance, offering enhanced holiday and sick pay schemes.
Help us shape our vision for the future and join us at Ben Burgess and experience the difference of working with a company that genuinely values and invests in its people.
You can apply online by clicking the button to the right or send your CV to HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.
Ben Burgess is an inclusive employer that embraces both Disability Confidence and Neurodiversity. If you need any assistance with your application or require accommodations, please feel free to reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 01603 628251. We are here to support you throughout the application process.