Online Sales Assistant
Online Sales Assistant
About the Company
Farol Ltd is an extremely successful and growing multisite agricultural and groundcare business and the largest John Deere dealership in the UK.
Established as a family business in 1976, Farol today is made up of over 300 Service, Parts, Sales, Transport and Business Support Team Members, whilst still remaining 100% family owned. Holding the renowned John Deere franchise along with many other brands, we are the market leaders in agriculture, groundcare and homeowner products.
Our vision is to deliver a preeminent service by being at the forefront of technology, whilst developing a rich and rewarding environment for our employees.
About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and computer literate individual to join our growing Online Sales team.
As an Online Sales Assistant, your key job purpose is to assist our Online Sales Manager with tasks such as picking and preparing items for dispatch, booking out deliveries, re-stocking, invoicing and general day to day tasks to enable the smooth operation of our online shops (Company website, eBay, Amazon amongst others).
Day to day tasks will include:
- Preparing stock for eBay to include locating, cleaning, researching spec, costings, picturing and advertising
- Uploading items for sale
- Generating invoices, sales tickets, postage/packing
- Assisting customers by phone/email/in person
- Forklift/yard work
- Unloading items and booking into stock
The right candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc with the ability to quickly learn to use new, previously unfamiliar software)
- The ability to work quickly and accurately
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
This is a great opportunity to join a highly profitable, successful and rapidly growing business with huge future career potential for the right individual.
We can offer a highly competitive basic salary (£22 - £27k), 20 days holiday increasing by 1 day for each completed year of service up to a maximum of 25 days (plus Bank Holidays) and company pension.
Hours of work
Please note this is an office-based role with hours of work 8am-5.30pm Monday to Friday (5pm in winter months) plus one Saturday morning per month.
Why come to Farol?
Farol is the leading John Deere dealership in the UK with people at the heart of its strategy. We know that our people are the key to our success and we make sure we appreciate and reward everyone's contribution. Not only do we recognise expertise, skills and professionalism, we value highly the very things that make our team members unique: their passion, their dedication, their approachability and the fact that going the all-important extra mile is second nature.
Growth and development are inevitable within our forward-thinking company, where we offer a highly competitive salary, a diverse and interesting work environment, job security and on-going training.
We can offer an environment where Teamwork is key and where you can truly develop new skills and flourish. Working closely with the John Deere team, we can provide all the product and systems training you need to transfer your mechanical/technical skills from other industries.
What do our Team Members say about us?
- Great company attitude with friendly and approachable managers/directors
- Lovely place to work. Good group of people to support new employees during day to day operations
- I was impressed with the level and quality of JD training
- A good Company to work for and the whole team are friendly. The Management are very approachable and have an open door policy. As the Company are continually growing there are lots of opportunities for employees to progress. I feel valued as an employee and enjoy my job
- I love working for a family business as I've come from a more corporate environment. Owners are hands on and very approachable. It is a fast paced and busy environment but no such thing as a typical day for me. There are great learning opportunities here and ability to progress in the business.
To apply for the role, please click the "Apply for this job" button at the top right of this page or call John on 07881 092070 for further information.