Group IT Manager
Cornthwaite Agricultural Limited
Any of our - Bispham Green, UK Nantwich, UK Kendal, UK Carlisle, UK Dumfries would be considered as the base location for the right candidate
Cornthwaite Group are a leading supplier of global agricultural and horticultural brands and are one of the largest John Deere dealerships in the UK. We openly embrace new technologies in order to achieve our primary objective of growing our business to ensure long term stability in an ever-changing marketplace. Our ability to maintain our competitive edge requires that our IT infrastructure platform provides high availability and constantly evolves ensuring business agility and cost effectiveness. The role of IT Manager is a critical business facing role that assumes responsibility for ensuring the stability and availability of our IT infrastructure platform throughout our operational facilities located in Nantwich, Bispham Green, Kendal, Carlisle and Dumfries. This position encompasses management and technical aspects of IT support which will require a broad skillset, the ideal candidate for this role will previously have been responsible for managing and maintaining the internal IT infrastructure systems and applications for a medium sized business. Now employing over 150 staff and consistently selling over 600 new and used tractors each year in the UK and beyond, we’ve grown considerably since our humble beginnings. We are looking for enthusiastic, engaging people to join our team. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
- Managing the IT systems, including all hardware, software, infrastructure, and telecommunications systems ensuring high availability and stability.
- Collaborating with all levels of management in the business to support business and digital transformation in order to meet the aims of their business plan.
- Maintaining and improving cyber security and relevant accreditations critical to the integrity and reputation of the business.
- Managing the IT budget, ensuring cost-effectiveness and value for money with suppliers and contracts.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures, system standards, manuals, documentation and system architecture diagrams
- Providing periodic reports on the performance of all IT related systems and identifying ways to continually improve and develop systems moving forward
- To manage the specification and implementation of projects such as the replacement of existing computer platforms, or the installation of new infrastructure, and to plan how they will fit into the existing operational structure. Be responsible for the associated financial and resource planning
- Proactively managing relationships with all associated vendors and partners to ensure the highest possible standards of service and reliability for the company.
- To ensure that all IT Systems software and hardware is on appropriate maintenance agreements with external suppliers and to be responsible for the evaluation and procurement of future infrastructure components.
- Responsible for managing overall IT Day to day operations to improve infrastructure costs, performance and end user satisfaction.
- Ensure IT Systems availability and performance is in line with business Operational requirements.
- Analyse and predict trends and develop long range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness ensuring that business and internal IT strategies are aligned to future requirements and expansion.
- Represent the business interests during IT Crisis management activities providing leadership to ensure the fastest possible resolution is achieved
Attributes we are looking for:
- Prior experience as an IT Manager
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving hardware or software faults, troubleshooting system and network connectivity problems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and technology advancements.
- Experienced within Microsoft environments
- Networking WAN, LAN, VPNs, Switching, Routing, Firewall’s etc
- IT Security experience, possible cyber compliance
- Hands-on technical capabilities to not only describe what good looks like but can also actively demonstrate this through implementations
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills including English Language.
- Self-motivated to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and switch effectively between different activities and priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and work harmoniously and effectively as part of a team.
- Technical Awareness of IT systems and architectures, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations
- Knowledge of Virtualisation platforms including Hyper-V
- Experience in developing and implementing policies, procedures, and systems to support the company objectives.
- Understanding of ITIL
- Awareness of ISO/IEC 27001
- Project management experience.
In return we will provide:
- A structured work environment operating as a supportive team
- Opportunities to progress your career at Cornthwaite Group
- Generous holiday allowance including bank holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Laptop / Mobile Phone
- On-site parking
Job Type & Hours:
- Full Time/ Permanent/ Monday-Friday/ 35 hours per week (Predominantly 9-5 with 1 hour for lunch) however flexibility required for service requirements.
- Any of our depots - Bispham Green, Nantwich, Kendal, Carlisle or Dumfries would be considered as the base location for the right candidate
- Provide support across all of our company locations
- Competitive based on experience
How do you apply?
- To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
This job description outlines the primary duties required, it is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and duties may vary from time to time which do not change the general character of the role or the level of responsibility entailed.