Thomas Sherriff have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Ag Sales Professional or Trainee in the Central region of our business. We are looking for an individual to grow our Agricultural sales at our Jedburgh Outlet selling market leading brands including John Deere, Kuhn Farm Machinery, Kramer telehandlers & loaders, Dal-Bo, Stewart Agriculture & Ifor Williams. The successful candidate should be a forward thinking individual preferably with knowledge of modern agricultural machinery and farming practices. Good IT skills are essential so you can use all of the sales tools we have available including a comprehensive Customer Relationship Management system. The successful candidate would also benefit from knowing the local area. We offer a very competitive salary for the successful applicant with sales commission, a company car and a pension scheme.
AG Sales Professional - Jedburgh
Thomas Sherriff & Co Ltd
TD8 6DU Jedburgh, UK
- Represent the Dealership in the sale of machinery to customers in a deﬁned sales area.
- Execute all sales process steps to achieve high sales performance in conjunction with the sales tools available from John Deere.
- Maintains current product knowledge on features and beneﬁts of all equipment, services potentially saleable by the dealership and attends relevant sales training events.
- Maintain current knowledge of ﬁnancing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used goods.
- Monitors competitor activity and products and communicates to the sales Management (CRM) accordingly.
- Conduct ﬁeld demonstrations.
- Execute goods delivery and follow-up, according to Customer Care Process.
- Builds strong and loyal relationships with deﬁned sales area customers.
- Monitors trends in customers’ business activities and timely communicates to management.
- Uses support from Sales Specialists when required.
- Preferably 1+ years equipment sales experience – although full training would be provided.
- Preferably good knowledge of agricultural equipment and farming operational practices.
- Ability to use standard computer applications, internet functions & sales tools.
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products.
- Ability to analyse and interpret internal reports.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Excellent attitude with integrity and honesty.